QFS Holidays
2015 early bird
Crowne Plaza 1000x60

Courtesy: University of Pennsylvania
Fencing Finishes Strong at NCAA Regionals
Courtesy: University of Pennsylvania  
Release:  03/08/2014

EASTON, Pa. – With the conclusion of the 2014 NCAA Mid-Atlantic/South Regional at Lafayette’s Kirby Sports Center, the University of Pennsylvania men’s and women’s fencing teams saw seven fencers place within the top five in men’s and women’s foil, men’s and women’s epee, and men’s sabre. Penn will now wait for the announcement of which Quakers will advance to the NCAA Fencing Championships in Columbus, Ohio beginning March 20.

Regionals account for 60 percent of a fencer's results toward qualifying for the NCAA finals. The other 40 percent comes from regular-season bouts. Depending on the weapon, the Mid-Atlantic/South Region is allocated between six and eight places at the NCAA finals and the field will be announced Tuesday.

Men’s Foil

3. Jason Chang

13. Adam Elkassas

15. Ira Schlosberg

28T. Sinatrio Raharjo

Women’s Foil

5. Luona Wang

8. Cassidy Seidl

12. Sarah Parmacek

14. Wendy Zhao

Men’s Epee

5. R.J. Shipp

7. Clifford Fishler

11. Ayyub Ibrahim

20. Rene Gannon O’Gara

Women’s Epee

3. Aleina Edwards

14. Alejandra Trumble

16. Sara Jones

Men’s Sabre

2. Shaul Gordon

3. Steven Yang

4. Michael Mills

19. Sean Turner

Women’s Sabre

11. Shriya Joshi

21. Tiffany Chan

24. Susan Contess

‹ Penn Women's Fencing

Independence Blue Cross
The Inquirer
PNC Bank
Coke Zero
Home Team IBC
Dunkin Donuts
Coke Zero
Bank of America