JUNIOR HIGH SCHOOL, MIDDLE SCHOOL, PAROCHIAL SCHOOL ELIGIBILITY & COMPETITION RULES FOR 2008
1. Rules of Competition: The rules of competition for junior high schools, middle schools, parochial schools, and elementary schools for this Carnival shall be the 2008 Official National Federation Edition Track and Field and
2) Team Membership: No athlete may participate with two different affiliations in one Carnival.
3) Track and Field Surfaces: The track is a synthetic surfaces of 3/8" thickness.
4) Spikes: Junior High Schools, Middle Schools and Parochial Schools may wear spikes if they are allowed by their group. Shoes will not be checked by the clerks, and enforcement of any group’s no-spikes rule is up to the group coordinators. Spikes may not be worn for the Elementary School Races.
5) Checkpoints: Relay zone checkpoints may be marked with standard white trainer's tape only. No other items may be used, including chalk, powder, duct tape, masking tape, tacks or safety pins.
6) Starting Blocks are not permitted in junior high school, middle school, parochial school or elementary school events.
7) Lane Priority: Turn Races (9 lanes) 6-7-8-9-5-4-3-2-1.
8) Results will be posted on a bulletin board next to the paddock area and on the Relays Web Site (www.ThePennRelays.com) as soon as possible. Results will not be supplied to coaches in the Press Area.
9) Jury of Appeals will be chaired by Bill Guy. A $25.00 fee must accompany an appeal. The Penn Relays has no official video, and no independent video may be used in protests or appeals.
JUNIOR/MIDDLE/PAROCHIAL SCHOOL EVENTS - BOYS and GIRLS
4x100m Relay. Group Races, Friday, beginning 10:00 a.m.; maximum of nine teams in each race, separate prizes for each race (prize #10). Sequence of races: PIAA District I Junior High School Boys; PIAA District I Junior High School Girls; PIAA District I Middle School Boys; PIAA District I Middle School Girls; Camden Diocese Boys; Camden Diocese Girls; South Jersey Middle School Boys; South Jersey Middle School Girls; Wilmington Archdiocese Boys; Wilmington Archdiocese Girls; Philadelphia Archdiocese Boys Junior; Philadelphia Archdiocese Girls Junior; Philadelphia Archdiocese Boys Senior; Philadelphia Archdiocese Girls Senior; Philadelphia 7th and 8th Grade Boys; Philadelphia 7th and 8th Grade Girls; Philadelphia Middle School Boys; Philadelphia Middle School Girls. Each group shall conduct qualifying races when and where it chooses.
ELEMENTARY SCHOOL EVENTS - BOYS and GIRLS
4x75y Shuttle Relay. Sixth Graders, Friday, 1:00; Sections against time (prize #10). Fifth Graders, Friday, 1:30; Sections against time (prize #10). Fourth Graders, Friday, 2:00; Sections against time (prize #10). Spiked shoes are not allowed.