DEPARTMENT OF RECREATION & INTERCOLLEGIATE ATHLETICS
FACILITY RENTAL GUIDELINES
The Division of Recreation & Intercollegiate Athletics (DRIA) offers athletic/recreation facilities that are available for rental by University and/or external groups. All Penn-affiliated requests may be made by contacting the Department of Recreation at email@example.com. External requests are coordinated through the Director of Business Development for DRIA, Linda Buonanno, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Rental Process- The following process outlines the required steps to rent a DRIA facility:
a. Complete online facility rental request form. Click HERE Requests must be submitted at least 30 days prior to the date of the event.
- Please Note: Completion of the rental request form does NOT guarantee approval to conduct the event.
b. A confirmation email will be sent within two (2) business days by DRIA to verify receipt of the rental request.
c. DRIA will review the facility rental request and consult with University stakeholders to determine the feasibility of holding the event. The request will be approved or denied at least 10 business days from the date the confirmation email was sent. Requests must meet the following criteria for approval:
1. Facility is available.
2. Event complies with all applicable University policies, procedures, rules and regulations including but not limited to use of Alcohol and Drugs, Non-Discrimination, Campus-Wide Open Space Policy & Procedures, Use of Facilities, Open Expression Guidelines, and Code of Student Conduct.
3. Event is manageable based on standards set forth by DRIA and when applicable Facilities Real Estate Services (FRES), Department of Public Safety (DPS) and Office of Risk Management.
d. If the request meets the above criteria and is tentatively approved, the renter must schedule a mandatory Rental Planning Meeting with DRIA and when warranted, other appropriate University of Pennsylvania representatives. The information exchanged at the meeting will ensure that all parties are aware of the scope of the event and the terms of the contract. The meeting must be completed at least 15 business days prior to the event.
e. After the meeting is completed, the renter will receive final approval or denial for the rental. Verification will be provided via email.
f. If approved, the renter must provide proof of insurance and sign the rental contract at least 10 business days prior to the event. Additionally, the renter will receive a permit for the event.
g. If a contract is not signed and/or proof of insurance is not provided the event may be cancelled. Contracts are not complete until both parties sign the contract and the renter provides proof of insurance.
h. Large scale events that require support from FRES and/or the DPS will require additional lead time on the request and planning process.
i. Guarantee of payment, in the form of a deposit, must be made at least 10 business days prior to the event. The following payment process will be required depending on whether the renter is an internal or external organization:
- Internal organizations - Provide your 26-digit budget code to guarantee payment. The budget number will be charged after completion of the event.
- External organizations - Provide a deposit in the amount of 50% of the estimated cost of the event. Payment for the balance of the cost of the event must be received no later than 30 days after the event. All payments should be made payable to the Trustees of the University of Pennsylvania.
j. DRIA reserves the right to hold organizations financially responsible for damages or harm to the space(s) resulting from the organization's use.
*Priority Usage - please note that the scheduling of athletic and recreation fields and the multipurpose stadium is based on the following priority system:
1. Athletic - In-Season Athletic Competitions & Practices
2. Athletic - Non-Traditional Season Formal Practices
3. Recreation - Open Recreation, Intramurals, Sport Clubs, & Fitness Programming
4. Athletics - Non-Traditional Team Season Conditioning /Individual Workouts
5. Rentals - Internal & External