The Crimson grabbed a 1-0 lead early on, sweeping all three doubles matches. Without the services of Ivan Turudic, Nikola Kocovic and Mark Milbrandt fell 8-1 at No. 1 doubles. At No. 2, Jason Lin and Rob Wong lost 8-5 and Jeremy Court and Zach Katz couldn't keep up with Harvard's Andy and Denis Nguyen, falling short by a score of 8-4.
Penn was much more competitive in singles, but a pair of lost tiebreakers sealed the win for Harvard. Jon Pearlman and Shaun Chaudhuri took straight-set victories for a 3-0 lead for the Crimson, leaving them just a point shy of the win. Katz and Lin, down a set apiece, each took their second sets into a tiebreaker before coming up short by scores of 7-6. Court took home his 20th victory of the year in a losing effort, defeating Christo Schultz at No. 3 singles, 7-6, 4-6, 10-8.
1. Casey MacMaster/Alistair Felton (H) def. Nikola Kocovic/Mark Milbrandt (Penn), 8-1
2. Jon Pearlman/Christo Schultz (H) def. Jason Lin/Rob Wong (Penn), 8-5
3. Andy Nguyen/Denis Nguyen (H) def. Jeremy Court/Zach Katz (Penn), 8-4
1. Pearlman (H) def. Kocovic (Penn), 6-3, 6-1
2. D. Nguyen (H) def. Phil Law (Penn), 1-6, 6-3, 10-5
3. Court (Penn) def. Schultz (H), 7-6, 4-6, 10-8
4. Shaun Chaudhuri (H) def. Wong (Penn), 6-3, 6-2
5. Alex Steinroder (H) def. Katz (Penn), 6-0, 7-6
6. Henry Steer (H) def. Lin (Penn), 6-2, 7-6