In its quarterfinal match, Penn lost a pair of narrow 1-up decisions on the way to a 3-2 loss to Dartmouth. Austin Powell got Penn off on the right foot, rolling to a 6-and-4 victory. However, the Big Green took the next three matches, as Colin St. Maxens fell 7-and-5 and then Ben Cooley and P.J. Fielding both lost their matches, 1-up. Max Marsico ended the match with a 1-up victory, but it was too late.
In its first consolation match on Saturday afternoon, Penn was matched up with a team of individuals from different schools as a replacement for Columbia, which did not participate in the match. The Quakers rolled to a 5-0 decision, with all five wins coming relatively easily
Penn also handled Cornell on Sunday morning to earn its fifth-place finish. In that match, Powell rolled to a 4-and2 victory before St. Maxens fell, 3 and 2. However, the Quakers swept the final three matches, Cooley winning 1-up, Fielding winning 6 and 5, and Marsico winning 4 and 2.
Freshman Patrick O'Leary was a member of the composite team; he went 0-2 on Saturday, falling to Yale's Joe Willis in the first round, 6 and 5, and then dropping a 6-and-5 decision to teammate St. Maxens in the first consolation match. On Sunday, he fell to Harvard's Un Cho, 6 and 5.
QUARTERFINAL: (4) Dartmouth 3, (5) Penn 2
5. Powell (P) def. Rusk (D), 6 and 4
4. Maziar (D) def. St. Maxens (P), 7 and 5
3. Dai (D) def. Cooley (P), 1-up
2. Edler (D) def. Fielding (P), 1-up
1. Marsico (P) def. Pleat (D), 1-up
CONSOLATION: (5) Penn 5, (8) composite 0
5. Powell (P) def. Mylott (Brown), 5 and 4
4. St. Maxens (P) def. O'Leary (Penn), 6 and 5
3. Cooley (P) def. McCarthy (Harvard), 3 and 1
2. Fielding (P) def. Gerber (Princeton), 3 and 2
1. Marsico (P) def. Greenhalgh (Yale), 7 and 5
FIFTH PLACE: (5) Penn 4, (7) Cornell 1
5. Powell (P) def. Eng (C), 4 and 2
4. Bosse (C) def. St. Maxens (P), 3 and 2
3. Cooley (P) def. Koehler (C), 1-up
2. Fielding (P) def. Esposito (C), 6 and 5
1. Marsico (P) def. Schimenti (C), 4 and 2