Penn at Brown
October 29, 2011
Brown 6, Penn 0
- Penn lost for the first time in 19 games against an Ivy League opponent. It ended the longest active conference winning streak in the FCS and the second-longest winning streak in all of Division I.
- Penn's 18-game Ivy win streak was the second-longest in the history of the Ivy League. The Quakers also own the longest Ivy streak of all-time with the record set at 20 from 2001-04. Penn's last Ivy loss was against Harvard on Nov. 15, 2008 (24-17 at Franklin Field).
- Penn's 12-game Ivy road winning streak came to an end. It had tied a school record. Penn's last Ivy road loss was at Harvard (23-7) on Nov. 10, 2007.
- It had been 1,078 days since Penn last loss an Ivy game and 1,449 since its last Ivy road loss.
- Penn lost in the month of October for the first time since Oct. 27, 2007 at Brown (31-17) - a winning streak of 18 games.
- Today's game was the 1,319th game in school history, an NCAA record. The Quakers are the only school in NCAA history to reach 1,300 games.
- Today's game also marked the 300th career game for Al Bagnoli as a head coach. Now in his 30th season, he went 86-19 in 10 years with Union (N.Y.). He is now 135-60 at Penn.
- Penn was shut out for the first time since Nov. 15, 1997 at Harvard.
- The Quakers had scored in 136 consecutive games. The second-longest streak in Ivy League history.
- Penn had won 16 straight games when holding its opponent under 10 points.
- Junior quarterback Billy Ragone became the 16th Penn player with 2,000 career pass yards.
- Penn hasn't allowed an opening drive touchdown in 30 games. The last opponent to record on a touchdown on their first possession was Brown on Nov. 1, 2008.
- Penn was shut out in the first half for the first time since Oct. 25, 2008 at Yale. The Quakers trailed 7-0 at intermission and won 9-7.
- Senior Erik Rask's interception was the second of his career and his first since 2009 at Columbia.
- Junior Daniel Ritt recorded a career-best eight tackles.
- Junior Steve Lias tied a career high with seven tackles.
- The Quakers have a sack in 31 of the last 32 games, dating back to 2008.
- As a team, the Quakers have rushed for 100 yards in each of their last 20 games.