Penn at Harvard
November 12, 2011
Harvard 37, Penn 20
- Penn's loss snaps an eight-game winning streak in the month of November.
- The loss is just the fourth in Ivy play in the last four years for the Quakers. Two to Brown and two to Harvard. Penn is 19-0 against the rest of the Ivy League in that time.
- The Quakers have not allowed an
opening drive touchdown in 32 games. The last opponent
to record a touchdown on their first possession was Brown on Nov. 1,
- Prior to Harvard's second-quarter touchdown, the Quakers hadn't allowed a touchdown in 10-plus quarters. More than 159 minutes of game time dating back to the third quarter against Yale on Oct. 22.
- Jared Sholly recorded his first career multi-sack game with two in the first quarter.
- Junior Billy Ragone now has 16 touchdown passes in
his career, tying Robert Irvin for 13th-most all-time at Penn.
- Ragone has now attempted 352 passes for his career to stand 15th on that school list. He now has 201 completions to become the 14th player in program history to reach 200 career completions.
- Ragone has thrown for 1,607 yards
this season, which is the most since Robert Irvin threw for 2,128
yards in 2006. He now has 2,461 yards passing for his career for 15th in
- With his 15 yards rushing against the Crimson, Ragone surpassed the 1,000-yard mark for his career to finish the game with 1,014 yards rushing in his career. He also has 2,458 passing yards in his carrer, making him the first player in Penn history to eclipse both the 2,000-yard passing and 1,000-yard rushing plateaus.
- Senior wideout Ryan Calvert had tied a career high with eight receptions by halftime. He finished with 11 on the day. He now has five-plus catches in four of the last five games.
- Calvert finished with 114 yards receiving, just eight yards off his career high of 122 set last week against Princeton.
- Calvert's 49 receptions this year are the
most by a Penn receiver since Lepisto caught 50 passes in 2007. He moved into 12th-place for receptions in
a season at Penn, passing Joe Phillips who caught 48 in 2003.
- Calvert's five receiving touchdowns this season moves him into a tie for ninth all-time in Penn's single-season history books. He is knotted with Miles Macik who had five in 1995.
- Calvert has a team-high 584
yards receiving this season, the most by a Penn receiver since Braden
Lepisto has 597 yards in 2007.
- After leading the team in tackles
with 65 last season, senior Erik Rask has made 81 stops this season. This is the
most since 2006 when Joe Anastasio also had 102.
Van Roten has started the last 27 consecutive games on Penn's
The Quakers have a sack in 33 of the last 34 games, dating back to 2008.
also have at least one sack in the last 16 games.
Penn has scored 20 or more points in 12 and the last 13 Ivy League
This marks the second straight game the Quakers were held under 100 yards rushing. Prior to that, the Quakers had rushed for 100 yards in
Today's game was the 1,322nd game in school history, an NCAA record. The
Quakers are the only school in NCAA history to reach 1,300 games.