No. 24 Penn at No. 1 Villanova Game Notes
September 25, 2010
Villanova 22, Penn 10
- Penn's loss put an end to the nation's longest FCS winning streak. Penn had won nine straight games and had not lost since Sept. 26, 2009 at Lafayette (20-17 in overtime).
- Penn's last loss in regulation also came to Villanova when the Quakers fell in the season opener in 2009, 14-3, to the No. 2 ranked Wildcats.
- Villanova also broke a four-game road winning streak for the Quakers (at Lafayette on Sept. 26, 2009).
- Penn held their opponent to a scoreless first quarter for the ninth straight game on Saturday.
- Penn ran the ball on 12 of its first 13 plays.
- Brandon Colavita's rushing touchdown to open the scoring was the first of his career.
- Penn's first scoring drive lasted 16 plays. It was the longest drive since the Quakers went 19 plays to score against Brown on Nov. 1, 2008.
- Penn has scored in 122 consecutive games, the second-longest streak in Ivy history. Brown holds the record at 140, a record which is still active.
- The last time the Quakers allowed a safety was against Lafayette on Sept. 15, 2007.
- The Penn defense allowed a point for the first time this season when Villanova scored with 6:20 left in the second quarter after starting at the Penn 42-yard line. It put an end to a scoreless streak that lasted 161:38. That spanned more than 10 quarters of play without the defense allowing a single point.
- It was the first time since playing Villanova and Lafayette in the first two games last season that the Quakers trailed at halftime in two straight games.
- Penn had two sacks for the 13th time in its last 15 games
and recorded a sack for the 17th straight game. Brian Giesecke recorded his career sack.
- Penn's second half field goal at the 11:30 mark of the fourth quarter marked the first second half points against Villanova since 2005.
- Senior Matt Tuten had a career high six receptions for 89 yards.
- Tonight's game was the 1,305th in school history, an NCAA record. The Quakers are the only school in NCAA history to reach 1,300 games played.