• The Quakers will play at Liberty on Saturday, Sept. 8 at 11 a.m. Liberty is 2-2 on the year with wins against Lehigh, who Penn defeated 5-2 to start the season, and Georgetown. The Flames lost to William & Mary and Saint Joseph's.
• Penn travels to Appalachian State on Sunday, Sept. 9 at 1 p.m. The Mountaineers (1-3) lost their first three games of the season to Georgetown, William & Mary and Robert Morris before tallying their first win against St. Louis 3-2.
SERIES VS. LIBERTY
• This will be the first ever matchup for Penn and Liberty.
• The Flames enter their second season as a program.
• Liberty's two-game winning streak ended with a 3-0 loss to William & Mary Sunday, which dropped the Flames to 2-2 on the season.
• The Flames are led by a pair of freshmen - Abbey Bason and Sarah Gipe have both scored two goals through four games.
• Brooke Morley starts between the pipes for Liberty. The sophomore has recorded one shutout and made 27 saves in four starts.
• Liberty returns its top five performers in each offensive category from 2011. Sophomore Helen Doolittle led the team in points (14) and goals (7) last season.
SERIES VS. APPALACHIAN STATE
• This is the second matchup for the Quakers and the Mountaineers. The teams met for the first time last season with Penn earning a 5-2 win.
• Alex Iqbal recorded a hat trick in the 2011 matchup,Penn's first hat trick since the 2009 season.
• Helene Caniglia and Kirstin Snyder also added goals for the Red and Blue.
• Carly Sokach was in net for the final 35 minutes of the game and made five saves.
SCOUTING APPALACHIAN STATE
• The Mountaineers have seen balanced scoring so far in 2012. Goals have come from six different players with senior Megan High and sophomore Jordyn Warren leading the way with two each.
• Goalkeeper Sarah Anderson has one win under her belt in 2012. The senior has made 31 saves with a 4.80 goals against average through four games.
• Appalachian State's leading goal-scorer from last season, sophomore Jessi Stuart, has yet to tally a goal this season. She has one assist on the year.
• Head Coach Brandi Kist (Penn '03) enters her seventh season at Appalachian State.
• The Quakers kicked off 2012 with a big 5-2 against Lehigh Friday and a 4-3 victory over Towson Sunday.
• Penn had five different goal scorers for its five goals versus Lehigh.
• The Quakers are 2-0 for the first time under Head Coach Colleen Fink.
QUAKERS ROLL IN HOME OPENER
• Penn jumped out to a 2-0 lead against Lehigh and finished the game with three unanswered goals to win the program's first home opener since 2008 Friday night.
• "The girls wanted to set the precedent this season of starting really strong," said third-year head coach Colleen Fink. "I thought it showed a lot of character from this program to regain the lead, score the go-ahead goal and build from there."
• The Quakers outshot Lehigh 24-6 and held a 10-2 edge in penalty corners.
• Amelia Cohen, Tahan, Hitti, Sunny Stirewalt and MaryRose Croddick tallied goals, while sophomore goalkeeper Carly Sokach made four saves on her way to her first career win.
PENN STAYS PERFECT
• The Quakers opened the season 2-0 for the first time since 1997 with a 4-3 win over Towson Sunday.
• Julie Tahan recorded her first multi-goal game of the season with two in the win.
• MaryRose Croddick tallied points for the second game in a row, giving her one goal and two assists so far.
• Sarah Hasson and Amelia Cohen also added goals for the Red and Blue.
• "I think the message that I'm going to send to them is that they are learning how to win" said coach Fink. "Two tough, close games show them how to win and that's very exciting going forward."
• Penn held an advantage in shots (15-12) and penalty corners (13-6).
HITTI WINS WEEKLY AWARD
• Freshman Elizabeth Hitti wasted no time making an impact for the Quakers. The rookie scored her first career goal and added an assist in the season opener against Lehigh. Hitti's goal gave the Red and Blue the lead for good and earned her Ivy League Rookie of the Week Honors. Teammate Julie Tahan was named to Honor Roll.
• Hitti is Penn's first Rookie of the Week since Alex Iqbal last October.
SIX NEWCOMERS JOIN THE RANKS
• Third-year Head Coach Colleen Fink welcomes a six-player freshman class for the 2012 season.
• The talented group is made up of Alex Agathis (Bedminster, N.J.), Emily Guthier (Jamison, Pa.), Lauren Hunter (Hightown, N.J.), Elizabeth Hitti (Ashland, Mass.), Megan Johnston (Haddonfield, N.J.) and Neela Mahanty (Chapel Hill, N.C.).
• The Quakers have a mid-week home game against Rider Wednesday Sept. 12 at 7:15 p.m. at Franklin Field.