PHILADELPHIA - The University of Pennsylvania men's basketball program will hold its annual Red & Blue Scrimmage on Saturday, Oct. 27. The event is free and open to the public, as fans can get their first glimpse of the 2012-13 Quakers in action in the annual intrasquad exhibition.
The scrimmage will also be the first chance students have to obtain their reserved season tickets for the upcoming seasons. Doors open for student ticketing at 10 a.m., with the team tipping off at approximately 10:30 a.m. prior to the Homecoming football game against Brown which kicks off at 1 p.m.
Starting at 10:00 a.m. on Saturday, students will be allowed into The Palestra in the order they arrived. Seats in the Red and Blue Crew section will be marked and students will have the opportunity to select their own seat to view the Quakers during the 2012-13 season. Those wishing to select seats as a group must wait until the last member of their group's turn is called to enter The Palestra. Once students have selected their desired seats, they will take the tag marking a seat location to The Palestra box office to complete the purchase, leaving The Palestra on Saturday with all 13 tickets for the 2012-13 season.
In addition to your guaranteed tickets to all 13 Penn men's basketball home games, purchasers of Student Season Tickets will receive the following:
- "Flying Quaker" Red and Blue Crew Section t-shirt designed by PANYC State
- Reserved seating until 5 minutes prior to tip-off
- 25 Guest Passes available to student season ticket holders on game nights
- Red & Blue Face Paint Kit
- Quaker Stadium Cup
- Free Popcorn at Select Games
- $1 Hot Dogs at Select Games
- Contestants will be chosen from student season ticket holder section at home basketball games
- Free tickets to men's basketball away trips to Temple (game ticket) and bus trip to Princeton (game and bus ticket)
- Free ticket to football bus trip to Princeton (game and bus ticket)
- Opportunity to purchase tickets to other away games
If you have any questions regarding student season tickets, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Penn returns two starters and eight letterwinners overall from last year's team, which went 20-13 overall and finished second in the Ivy League at 11-3. This year's team will be captained by juniors Miles Cartwright, Fran Dougherty and Dau Jok. In addition, third-year head coach Jerome Allen has an entirely new coaching staff with assistant coaches Scott Pera, Ira Bowman and Jason Polykoff.