GAME 7 - PENN (0-6) at MONMOUTH (2-7)
West Long Branch, N.J. (Multipurpose Activity Center)
Saturday, Dec. 12, 2009 * 7 p.m.
Radio: ESPN 950 AM (Brian Seltzer, Vince Curran)
Penn Game Notes (PDF)
Monmouth Game Notes (PDF)
Penn vs. Monmouth
* The Quakers and the Hawks have met four times, all of them since 2003. In fact, the teams have matched up each of the last three seasons. Penn has won every game in the series, including an 83-62 victory last year at The Palestra in Philadelphia.
* The only meeting of the four that has taken place in West Long Branch came two years ago, and Penn won that one 69-61.
Penn vs. Northeast Conference
Penn has played 13 games against teams that currently play in the Northeast Conference, and the Quakers have never lost any of them...
Fairleigh Dickinson ... 2-0
Monmouth ... 4-0
Quinnipiac ... 1-0
St. Francis (N.Y.) ... 1-0
St. Francis (Pa.) ... 5-0
See You Next Year...
Saturday's game is the first of five in a row Penn will play on the road over the next month, and due to the quirks of Penn's final exam schedule and the Christmas holiday the Quakers do not play a game for 16 days after tonight. They will then play at Davidson on Dec. 28, at Duke on Dec. 31 (a game that will be televised live on ESPN2), at Lafayette on Jan. 3, and at UMBC on Jan. 6. Penn finally returns home January 13 for its Big 5 matchup with Temple; it will mark Penn's first home game in 36 days.
Did You Know?
When Mike Howlett put up back-to-back double-doubles against Delaware (14 points, 14 rebounds) and Drexel (10 points, 13 rebounds), it marked the first time a Penn player had done that since Mark Zoller in the 2006-07 season. That year, Zoller had double-doubles in consecutive Big 5 games, against La Salle (28 points, 10 rebounds) and Temple (19 points, 10 rebounds).
Quaker Notemeal From Albany...
* Penn tied a season high with 10 steals.
* The Quakers also had a season-low 12 turnovers.
* Penn went 13-of-17 from the foul line, its second-best shooting night from the charity stripe (76.5 percent).
* Junior Jack Eggleston led Penn in scoring for the second straight game, and the third time this season.
* Eggleston has scored in double figures in four straight games (15.5 ppg) .
* Sophomore Zack Rosen has also scored in double figures in four straight games (16.5 ppg).
* Rosen has had at least five assists in five of Penn's six games this season; he had four in the sixth.
* Sophomore Mike Howlett tied for the team lead in rebounding, the fifth time he has led or tied for the lead in a game this season.
* Sophomore Rob Belcore has 13 assists in the last three games, with just four turnovers.
* Freshman Carson Sullivan had career highs with five points and four rebounds
* Junior Zack Gordon saw his first collegiate minutes, playing five in the second half.
* After sitting out the Navy game due to injury, freshman Brian Fitzpatrick played 13 minutes Tuesday and had four points, one rebound, one blocked shot and one steal.
* DNP-INJURY: Justin Reilly (all games this season), Tyler Bernardini (4th straight game), Andreas Schreiber (4th), Larry Loughery (2nd), Conor Turley (1st).
Download: 7 - @Monmouth.pdf