PHILADELPHIA- Facing a very talented Princeton squad, the Penn men's squash team fell to the Tigers 9-0 Wednesday night at the Ringe Squash Courts. The Quakers dropped to 5-5 overall and 1-3 in Ivy play, while Princeton improved ot 6-1 and 3-0 in the League.
Although the scores may not show it, the Quakers played quite well and put up a good fight against the Tigers who have won 23 straight Ivy League matches. Sophomore Trevor McGuinness took his opponent five games in the No. 4 position, winning the first 8-11, and clinching the third 11-9 before falling in the final two.
The Quakers are back in action Saturday Feb. 6 when they go on a roadtrip to New England, facing Harvard Saturday at 2 p.m. and Dartmouth Sunday at 11 a.m.
1 Todd Harrity (Pr.) def. Mark Froot (P) 3-0 (11-7,11-3,11-1)
2. David Letourneau (Pr.) def. Dan Greenberg (P) 3-0 (11-6,11-8,11-6)
3. David Canner (Pr.) def. Thomas Mattsson (P) 3-0 (12-10,11-7,11-6)
4. Kelly Shannon (pr.) def. Trevor McGuinness 3-2 (8-11,14-12,9-11,11-5,11-7)
5. Santiago Imberton (Pr.) def. James Clark 3-0 (11-7,11-7,11-7)
6. Peter Sopher (Pr.) def. Porter Drake 3-0 (11-7,11-9,15-13)
7. David Pena (Pr.)def. Akhilesh Nayak 3-0 (11-9,11-4,11-2)
8. Clay Blackiston (Pr.)def. Zuhaib Mohiuddin 3-0 (11-6,11-6,11-8)
9. Nikhil Seth (Pr.) def. Brooks Russell 3-0 (11-6,11-5,11-2)