New Haven, CT - The University of Pennsylvania men's squash team fell to No. 3 Yale, 7-2 on Saturday at the Brady Squash Center.
The Quakers notched victories with good performances at the number two and number three positions, with Rich Repetto defeating Josh Schwartz of Yale, 3-2 and Lee Rosen defeating Nick Chirls, 3-0. At the number four position, Ben Ende won the first set, 5-9, before falling in four sets and at the number five position, Jacob Himmelrich lost to Gavin Cumberbacth in five sets.
The loss marked the first of the season for the Quakers, currently ranked No. 4 in the nation. They had defeated Cornell and Haverford to open the season.
The Quakers are next in action on Wednesday, Jan. 12 when they host Navy at 5 p.m. at the Ringe Squash Courts.
1. Julian Illingworth (Y) def. Gilly Lane (P): 9-1, 9-4, 9-1
2. Rich Repetto (P) def Josh Schwartz (Y): 9-3, 1-9, 0-9, 9-5, 9-4
3. Lee Rosen (P) def. Nick Chirls (Y): 9-3, 9-2, 9-1
4. Moshe Sarfaty (Y) def. Ben Ende (P): 5-9, 9-6, 9-1, 9-4
5. Gavin Cumberbatch (Y) def. Jacob Himmelrich: 9-1, 4-9, 9-8, 3-9, 9-5
6. Ho Ming Chiu (Y) def. Spencer Kurn (P): 9-7, 9-3, 9-3
7. Avner Geva (Y) def. Eric Bardawil (P): 9-6, 9-1, 9-3
8. Chris Wyant (Y) def. Colby Emerson (P): 9-5, 9-0, 9-2
9. Alexander Tilton (Y) def. Drew Crockett (P): 9-4, 9-5, 9-4
Written by Jennifer Hildebrand, athletic communications assistant