PHILADELPHIA, Pa. The University of Pennsylvania men's tennis team defeated St. John’s 6-1 on Sunday afternoon to improve its winning streak to three matches. Penn swept all three doubles matches and won five singles matches.
Jason Pinsky and Joseph Lok continue to be a force at the No. 1 spot in doubles. They defeated Louis Desmarteaux and Alex Svetlakou 8-2. Jonathan Boym and Mikhail Bekker downed Tom Green and David Nylen by the same score. Brandon O'Gara and Tas Tobias took down Morgan Bauer and Claudio Halim in a close match, 8-6.
Pinsky, Bekker and Boym all won their singles matches in straight sets. Jimmy Fairbanks defeated Bauer 6-3, 5-7, 1-0(7) and Aubry Wand beat Halim 6-3, 6-4 at the No. 5 and 6 positions.
The Red and Blue are now 6-4 on the season. Penn hosts Saint Joseph’s on Wednesday, March 1 at 3 p.m. at Levy Pavilion to close out a three-match home stand. After facing the Hawks, Penn will head to Florida for two matches during spring break.
PENN 6 ST. JOHN’S 1
1. Jason Pinsky/Joseph Lok (P) def. Louis Desmarteaux/Alex Svetlakou (SJU) 8-2
2. Jonathan Boym/Mikhail Bekker (P) def. Tom Green/David Nylen (SJU) 8-2
3. Brandon O'Gara/Tas Tobias (P) def. Morgan Bauer/Claudio Halim (SJU) 8-6
1. Jason Pinsky (P) def. Louis Desmarteaux (SJU) 6-2, 6-3
2. Mikhail Bekker (P) def. David Nylen (SJU) 6-2, 6-1
3. Jonathan Boym (P) def. Tom Green (SJU) 6-3, 6-1
4. Alex Svetlakou (SJU) def. Brandon O'Gara (P) 6-4, 4-6, 1-0(7)
5. Jimmy Fairbanks (P) def. Morgn Bauer (SJU) 6-3, 5-7, 1-0(7)
6. Aubry Wand (P) def. Claudio Hamlin (SJU) 6-3, 6-4