BOCA RATON, Fla. - The red-hot Penn men's tennis team captured another win Saturday, blanking Florida Atlantic, 7-0, at Patch Reef Park.
The Quakers have now won five in a row dating back to their upset of No. 10 South Carolina on Feb. 19 in the USTA-ITA Indoor Championships.
The Quakers easily won the doubles point before sweeping the singles matches, as well. Jason Pinksy won at No. 1, 6-2, 6-2, while Mikhail Bekker won 6-4, 7-5 at No. 2. The rest of the line-up cruised, with Jonathan Boym winning 6-2, 6-1, Joseph Lok winning 6-2, 6-4, and Brandon O'Gara winning 6-0, 6-3. Penn took the No. 6 singles match by default.
Penn returns home on March 18 to face Old Dominion at 1 p.m.
PENN 7, FAU 0
1. Joseph Lok/Jason Pinsky (P) def. Kevin Obletz and David Demers (FAU) 8-2
2. Jonathan Boym/Mikhail Bekker (P) def. Mauricio Paiz and J.P. Bounassar (FAU) 8-2
3. Penn won by default.
1. #46 Jason Pinsky (P) def. David Demers (FAU) 6-2, 6-2
2. Mikhail Bekker (P) def. Kevin Obletz (FAU) 6-4, 7-5
3. Jonathan Boym (P) def. J.P. Bounassar (FAU) 6-2, 6-1
4. Joseph Lok (P) def. Mauricio Paiz (FAU) 6-2, 6-4
5. Brandon O'Gara (P) def. Akin Akman (FAU) 6-0, 6-3
6. Penn won by default.