COLLEGE PARK, Md. - The Penn Quakers went on the road Friday and fell to Maryland in College Park, 5-2. It was just their second loss of the season.
The day started out well for Penn, as they won the doubles point. At No. 3 doubles, Adam Schwartz and Justen Roth were the first on the board, winning their match 8-4. At No. 2 doubles, Brandon O'Gara and Eric Riley clinched the doubles point when they won, 8-6.
After that, though, it was almost all Terps. Playing at No. 2, Joseph Lok was the only victorious Quaker, winning 6-2, 2-6, 6-4. All five of the other Quakers fell in two sets as Maryland wrapped up a 5-2 victory.
The Quakers remain in College Park on Saturday for a match with Louisville. That match is set to start at 1 p.m.
1. Amit Inbar (MD) def. Jason Pinsky (PENN) 6-3, 6-4
2. Joseph Lok (PENN) def. David Kwon (MD) 6-2, 2-6, 6-4
3. Andrew Orban (MD) def. Eric Riley (PENN) 6-0, 6-2
4. Nickolai Nielsen (MD) def. Adam Schwartz (PENN) 6-2, 6-0
5. Boris Fetbroyt (MD) def. Justen Roth (PENN) 6-1, 6-2
6. Alex Aksanov (MD) def. Dmitry Bury (PENN) 6-4, 6-1
1. Amit Inbar/Andrew Orban (MD) def. Jason Pinsky/Joseph Lok (PENN) 9-7
2. Brandon O'Gara/Eric Riley (PENN) def. David Kwon/Michael Coleman (MD) 8-6
3. Adam Schwartz/Justen Roth (PENN) def. Boris Fetbroyt/Alex Aksanov (MD) 8-4
Match Notes: Pennsylvania 7-2Maryland 5-2
Order of finish: Doubles (3,2,1); Singles (4,3,1,2,5,6)