PHILADELPHIA, Pa. After a week off and Saturday’s match postponed, the University of Pennsylvania men’s tennis team showed no signs of the long lay off on Sunday. The Quakers dominated St. Bonaventure in all aspects. The Red and Blue posted two shut outs in doubles and won all six singles matches in straight sets.
At No. 1 doubles,Jason Pinskyand Joseph Lok blanked Alejandro Nery and Victor Lecina 8-0. Brandon O'Gara and Justin Fox defeated Andrew Hart and Dejan Stankovic 8-4 at the No. 2 spot. Jonathan Boym and John Stetson posted the other shut out of the Bonnies. They took down Leo Mochizuki and Antonio Farias 8-0.
It was more of the same for Penn in singles. The Quakers line up won all six matches in straight sets. Junior Aubry Wand filled in at the No. 6 spot and won 6-2, 6-0 defeating Farias.
The Red and Blue improve to 3-2 on the season. Penn will now set its sights on the USTA/ITA National Team Indoors in Seattle, Wash. from Feb. 17-20. The Quakers are the No. 16 seed and take on No. 1 seed Florida in the first round on Friday at 2 p.m. eastern standard time.
PENN 7 ST. BONAVENTURE 0
1. Jason Pinsky/Joseph Lok (P) def. Alejandro Nery/Victor Lecina (B) 8-0
2. Brandon O'Gara/Justin Fox (P) def. Andrew Hart/Dejan Stankovic (B) 8-4
3. Jonathan Boym/John Stetson (P) def. Leo Mochizuki/Antonio Farias (B) 8-0
1. Jason Pinsky(P) def. Alejandro Nery (B) 6-0, 6-1
2. Jonathan Boym (P) def. Andrew Hart (B) 6-0, 6-1
3. Joseph Lok (P) def. Leo Mochizuki (B) 6-1, 6-3
4. Justin Fox (P) def. Dejan Stankovic (B) 6-3, 6-1
5. Brandon O'Gara (P) def. Victor Lecina (B) 6-2, 6-1
6. Aubry Wand (P) def. Antonio Farias (B) 6-2, 6-0