PHILADELPHIA, Pa. The University of Pennsylvania men’s tennis team defeated Rutgers 6-1 on Thursday at Levy Pavilion. Penn swept the doubles point and won five singles matches in straight sets.
At No. 1 doubles Jason Pinsky and Joseph Lok took down Tyler Deming and Jonathan Wanono 8-4. Mikhail Bekker and John Stetson, filling in for Jonathan Boym, defeated Arjun Vaidya and Gordie Milchutsky 8-2. Tas Tobias and Brandon O'Gara beat Gabe Adams and Andrew Tervorren 8-4.
The Quakers continued their domination in singles play. Pinksy downed Deming 6-0, 6-1. Bekker defeated Wanono 6-1, 6-3. O’Gara won his match over Milchutsky in straight sets, however O’Gara had to fight for the victory winning 7-5, 7-6 (6). Aubry Wand and Stetson rounded out the line up for the Red and Blue winning their matches.
Penn improves to 5-4 overall. They will host St. John’s on Sunday, Feb. 26 at noon at Levy Pavilion.
PENN 6 RUTGERS 1
1. Jason Pinsky/Joseph Lok (P) def. Tyler Deming/Jonathan Wanono (R) 8-4
2. John Stetson/Mikhail Bekker (P) def. Arjun Vaidya/Gordie Milchutsky (R) 8-2
3. Tas Tobias/Brandon O'Gara (P) def. Gabe Adams/Andrew Tervorren (R) 8-4
1. Jason Pinsky (P) def. Tyler Deming (R) 6-0, 6-1
2. Mikhail Bekker (P) def. Jonathan Wanono (R) 6-1, 6-3
3. Arjun Vaidya (R) def. Joseph Lok (P) 5-7, 6-0, 1-0(8)
4. Brandon O'Gara (P) def. Gordie Milchutsky (R) 7-5, 7-6(6)
5. Aubry Wand (P) def. Gabe Adams (R) 6-1, 6-4
6. John Stetson (P) def. Andrew Tervorren (R) 6-3, 6-1