PHILADELPHIA The University of Pennsylvania men’s tennis team ended its three-match homestand in dominating fashion on Wednesday. Penn shut out Saint Joseph’s 7-0 at Levy Pavilion.
The closest match of the day came at No. 1 doubles. SJU’s Jimmy Holland and Antonio Aniello beat Jason Pinsky and Joseph Lok 9-8(3). Despite losing at the No. 1 position, the Quakers went on to win the remaining eight matches in convincing fashion.
Boym had the most impressive showing against the Hawks. He blanked Patrick Adams 6-0, 6-0. Penn won its five other singles matches in straight sets.
The Red and Blue swept its three-match homestand to improve to 7-4 overall and is riding a four-match winning streak.
The Quakers will head south for spring break, taking on Central Florida on Tuesday, March 7 at 2 p.m. and Florida Atlantic on Saturday March 11 at 1 p.m.
PENN 7 Saint Joseph's 0
1. Jimmy Holland/Antonio Aniello (SJU) def. Jason Pinsky/Joseph Lok (P)9-8(3)
2. Jonathan Boym/Mikhail Bekker (P) def. A.J. Garabedian/Phil Bayliss (SJU) 8-4
3. Justin Fox/Brandon O'Gara (P) def. Pat Adams/Chris Spencer (SJU) 8-4
1. Mikhail Bekker (P) def. Jimmy Holland (SJU) 6-2, 6-4
2. Jonathan Boym (P) def. Patrick Adams (SJU) 6-0, 6-0
3. Justin Fox (P) def. Chris Spencer (SJU) 6-4, 6-3
4. Brandon O'Gara (P) def. A.J. Garabedian (SJU) 6-4, 6-4
5. Jimmy Fairbanks (P) def. Antonio Aniello (SJU) 6-2, 6-4
6. Tas Tobias (P) def. Phil Bayliss (SJU) 6-4, 7-5