Philadelphia, Pa. -- The University of Pennsylvania men's tennis team completed a successful day onSaturday in the Levy Tennis Pavilion witha 7-0 sweep of Swarthmore. The Quakerswon the doubles point and then went on to sweep singles action with no match going to three sets.
The team of Justin Lavner and Jimmy Fairbanks defeated Brian Park and Jonathan Reiss at No. 1 doubles, 8-3 to get things started. The Quakers clinched the doubles point with Brandon O'Gara and Joseph Lok's 8-0 win over Zach Rodd and Jonathan Lo at No. 2 doubles. Penn swept the doubles when Jeremy Steglitz and Aubrey Wand teamed up to defeat Justin Durand and Sam Sidhu, 8-3, at No. 3 doubles.
The Quakers came out firing in the singles, with Todd Lecher defeating Reiss, 6-0, 6-3 at No. 1. Lok won, 6-1, 6-1, at No. 2 singles over Park and Joe Mirabile won at No. 3, 6-2, 6-1 over Durand. O'Gara defeated Lo 6-3, 6-1 at No. 4, Steglitz won at the No. 5 position over Adam Wallwork, 6-0, 6-4 and Edward Silver closed out the match with a 6-0, 6-2 victory over Sidhu at No. 6.
The Quakers are next in action on Saturday, Feb.12 when they hostRichmondat 1 p.m.in the Levy Tennis Pavilion.
Written by Jennifer Hildebrand, athletic communications assistant
Final Results -Penn 7,Swarthmore 0
1. Justin Lavner/Jimmy Fairbanks (P) def. Brian Park/Jonathan Reiss, 8-3
2. Brandon O'Gara/Joseph Lok (P) def. Zach Rodd/Jonathan Lo, 8-0
3.Jeremy Steglitz/Aubrey Wand(P) def. Justin Durand/Sam Sidhu, 8-3
1. Todd Lecher (P) def. Jonathan Reiss, 6-0, 6-3
2. Joseph Lok (P) def. Brian Park, 6-1, 6-1
3. Joe Mirabile (P) def. Justin Durand, 6-2, 6-1
4. Brandon O'Gara (P) def. Jonathan Lo, 6-3, 6-1
5. Jeremy Steglitz (P) def. Adam Wallwork, 6-0, 6-4
6.Edward Silver (P) def. Sam Sidhu, 6-0, 6-2