ORLANDO, Fla. - The No. 46-ranked Quaker men's tennis squad edged Central Florida, 4-3, Tuesday afternoon at the UCF Tennis Complex.
The Quakers were led by Jason Pinsky in No. 1 singles, as he defeated Sinan Sudas, 7-5, 6-0, to claim the first point for Penn.
Jonathan Boym and Joseph Lok were also victorious in singles play for the Quakers.
Penn won the doubles point after the tandem of Boym and Mikhail Bekker won their match, 8-4, and Brandon O'Gara and Justin Fox won, 8-5.
PENN 4, UCF 3
1.NormanAlcantara/Sinan Sudas (UCF) def. JosephLok/Jason Pinsky (P) 9-8 (8-6)
2. Jonathan Boym/Mikhail Bekker (UP) def. Sebastian Delgado/Alamgir Wali (UCF) 8-4
3. Brandon O'Gara/Justin Fox (P) def. Brock Sakey/Ben Soltane (UCF) 8-5
1. Jason Pinsky (P) def. Sinan Sudas (UCF) 7-5, 6-0
2. Alamgir Wali (UCF) def. Mikhail Bekker (P) 1-6, 6-3, 6-4
3. Jonathan Boym (P) def. Sebastian Delgado (UCF) 6-1, 6-3
4. Joseph Lok (P) def. Norman Alcantara (UCF) 6-2, 6-2
5. Brock Sakey (UCF) def. Justin Fox (P) 6-1, 6-3
6. Tarek Ben Soltane (UCF) def. Tas Tobias (P) 6-1, 6-2