PHILADELPHIA - The Penn men's tennis team completed its second straight weekend doubleheader Sunday the same way it did its first - with two convincing victories. The team defeated Delaware Sunday 6-1 before taking on crosstown rival Villanova later in the evening and winning, 7-0.
The day started with the Quakers taking two of three doubles matches from Delaware, earning them the doubles point and an early advantage in the match. Brandon O'Gara and Eric Riley won their match 8-1, while Adam Schwartz and Justen Roth took theirs 8-5.
In singles play, Jason Pinsky led the way for Penn, winning at the No. 1 position, 4-6, 6-3, 10-5. Joseph Lok at No. 2 won in convincing fashion, 6-3, 6-2, and Eric Riley won by an identical score. Adam Schwartz added a 6-1, 6-4 victory and Justen Roth won 6-3, 6-1 to give the Quakers a solid 6-1 victory.
As well as the Quakers performed against Delaware, they were even better against Villanova. Jason Pinsky and Joseph Lok swept through their doubles match, winning 8-0. O'Gara and Riley took theirs 8-1, while Schwartz and Roth won 8-5.
With the doubles point in their pocket, the Quakers did not look back. Pinsky again won at the top of the lineup, taking a 6-1, 6-2 decision. Lok followed that with a 6-2, 6-0 win, and Eric Riley again matched his score. Schwartz claimed a 6-3, 6-0 decision, while Roth won 6-1, 6-1. The last Quaker on the court was Dmitry Bury, who won the first set 6-3, then rebounded from a 7-5 loss to take the match with a 10-2 victory in the third and decisive set.
After four straight home matches, the Quakers will now hit the road. Their next match will be against the Maryland Terrapins on February 29 at 4 p.m. The next day, they will take on the Cardinals of Louisville at 1 p.m., also in College Park.
1. Austin Longacre/Nolan Greenberg def. Jason Pinsky/Joseph Lok, 8-6
2. Brandon O'Gara/Eric Riley def. Jonathan Schwartz/Andrew Blumberg, 8-1
3. Adam Schwartz/Justen Roth def. Camilo Perez/Sam Barrer, 8-5
1. Jason Pinsky def. Austin Longacre, 4-6, 6-3, 10-5
2. Joseph Lok def. Nolan Greenberg, 6-3, 6-2
3. Eric Riley def. Sam Barrer, 6-3, 6-2
4. Adam Schwartz def. Chris Hincker, 6-1, 6-4
5. Justen Roth def. Camilo Perez, 6-3, 6-1
6. Jonathan Schwartz def. Brandon O'Gara, 7-6, 2-6, 10-7
1. Jason Pinsky/Joseph Lok def. Dimitri Chimerakis/Brian Maher, 8-0
2. Brandon O'Gara/Eric Riley def. Trenton Alanik/John Drosick, 8-1
3. Adam Schwartz/Justen Roth def. David Shaheen/Alex Leeser, 8-5
1. Jason Pinsky def. Brian Maher, 6-1, 6-2
2. Joseph Lok def. Dimitri Chimerakis, 6-2, 6-0
3. Eric Riley def. David Shaheen, 6-2, 6-0
4. Adam Schwartz def. Trenton Alenik, 6-3, 6-0
5. Justen Roth def. Brett Tobin, 6-1, 6-1
6. Dmitry Bury def. John Drosick, 6-3, 5-7, 10-2