Ivan Turudic and Nikola Kocovic improved to 6-2 while playing together in No. 1 doubles, having an easy time of it in an 8-2 win. Jason Lin and Rob Wong added an 8-4 win at No. 2 to assure Penn of the doubles point for a fourth straight match.
Jason Lin wasted no time in extending the Penn lead to 2-0 with a 6-2, 6-2 win, playing at No. 6 singles. Needing only to win two of the remaining five matches, it all fell apart for the Quakers, as the Monarchs posted straight set wins at Nos. 1-3 to gain a 3-2 edge. Jeremy Court and RobWong each had their matches go thethree-set distance, and while Court rallied from a set down to post a 6-7, 6-2, 6-4 win,Wong did the opposite, winning the first set but dropping the final two in a 6-4, 2-6, 4-6 defeat.
Penn looks to rebound quickly as they face William & Mary on Sunday beginning at 9 a.m.
1. Muzalewski / Ivan Turudic 6-4, 6-3 (ODU)
2. Lopez-Villa / Phil Law 6-0, 6-4 (ODU)
3. Ochogavia / Nikola Kocovic 7-6, 7-5 (ODU)
4. Barrett / Rob Wong 4-6, 6-2, 6-4 (ODU)
5. Cetinel / Jeremy Court 7-6, 2-6, 4-6 (PENN)
6. Fahoum / Jason Lin 2-6, 2-6 (PENN)
1. Muzalewski/Fahoum - Turudic/Kocovic 2-8 (PENN)
2. Cetinel / Ochogavia - Wong /Lin 4-8 (PENN)
3. Lopez-Villa/ Barrett - Court/Zach Katz 8-5 (ODU)