TALLAHASSEE, Fla. - The University of Pennsylvania men’s tennis lost to No. 22 Florida State 5-2 on Friday at the Scott Speicher Tennis Center in Tallahassee. Joseph Lok picked up Penn’s lone win in singles, while Jason Pinsky and Lok andJustin Fox and Brandon O'Gara won in doubles.
Fox and O’Gara gave the Quakers the early advantage by defeating Sam Chang and Chris Cloer. After Jonathan Boym and Mikhail Bekker lost, Pinsky and Lok picked up the 9-8 decision to give the Red and Blue the doubles point.
Lok picked up Penn’s only win in singles, defeating Maciek Sykut in three sets (6-3, 6-4, 6-4). Jimmy Fairbanks and O’Gara also took their matches to three sets but could not hold on for victory.
The loss drops the Quakers to 1-1, while Florida State improves to 2-2.
Penn will play the doubles portion of its match against Furman tonight at 6 p.m. and continue with singles play along with their match against Nebraska at 9 a.m. on Saturday.
FSU 5 PENN 2
1. Jason Pinsky/Joseph Lok (PENN) def. Ytai Abougzir/Chris Westerhok (FSU) 9-8
2. Maciek Sykut/Andrew Bailey (FSU) def. Jonathan Boym/Mikhail Bekker (PENN) 8-6
3. Justin Fox/Brandon O'Gara (PENN) def. Sam Chang/Chris Cloer (FSU) 8-4
1. Ytai Abougzir (FSU) def. Jason Pinsky (PENN) 6-4, 6-3
2. Sam Chang (FSU) def. Mikhail Bekker (PENN) 7-6, 6-0
3. Chris Westerhof (FSU) def. Jonathan Boym (PENN) 6-2, 6-4
4. Joseph Lok (PENN) def. Maciek Sykut (FSU) 3-6, 6-4, 6-4
5. Chris Cloer (FSU) def. Brandon O'Gara (PENN) 6-0, 4-6, 7-3(3)
6. Jason Hood (FSU) def. Jimmy Fairbanks (PENN) 6-2, 2-6, 6-4