NEW YORK, N.Y. – The University of Pennsylvania’s women’s squash team won its eighth straight match on Friday night courtesy of a 9-0 triumph over Columbia. The win moves the second-ranked Quakers to 10-1 overall this season and 5-1 in the Ivy League.
The Quakers didn’t drop a single game en route to recording their third consecutive Ivy sweep. Sophomore Reeham Salah and junior Melissa Alves each continued their masterful seasons atop Penn’s lineup. Salah, who still hasn’t lost a game this season, improved to 11-0 at No. 1 while Alves moved to 9-0 at No. 2.
Marie Stephan (No. 3) and Michelle Wong (No. 6) also extended long win streaks on Friday night. Stephan advanced her record to 10-1 this season while Wong won her seventh match in a row.
The Quakers’ other wins came from Rowaida Attia (No. 7), Jess Davis (No. 5), Grace van Arkel (No. 8), Lindsay Stanley (No. 9), and Anaka Alankamony (No. 4). Attia and Davis have each won six matches in a row.
1. Reeham Salah def. Tanvi Khanna, 11-3, 11-8, 11-4
2. Melissa Alves def. Maddie O'Connor, 11-7, 11-5, 11-6
3. Marie Stephan def. Jui Kalgutkar, 11-3, 11-5, 11-6
4. Anaka Alankamony def. Colette Sultana, 11-7, 11-3, 11-6
5. Jess Davis def. Maya Patel, 11-2, 11-2, 11-4
6. Michelle Wong def. Addie Fulton, 11-6, 11-2, 11-3
7. Rowaida Attia def. Diana Masch, 11-7, 11-1, 11-1
8. Grace Van Arkel def. Gabi Martin, 11-6, 11-1, 11-3
9. Lindsay Stanley def. Olivia Horwitz, 11-2, 11-3, 11-5
The Quakers will wrap up their regular season on Sunday when they host Cornell at noon. Penn will celebrate its three seniors (Wong, van Arkel, Alankamony) prior to the home finale.