HARTFORD, Conn. - Second-ranked Trinity College proved to be too much for the No. 5 Penn women's squash team Saturday, as the Quakers fell, 9-0.
Penn (8-4) was competing for the final time before next week's Howe Cup championships.
"Our team played pretty well, but Trinity was a bit too strong for us right now," said Head Coach Jack Wyant. "I'm reasonably please with the performance, and I think we can use this as motivation to prepare for the Howe Cup."
The Bantams dominated from the start, earning 3-0 wins at six flights. Alisha Turner fell to Vaidehi Reddy, 3-1, at the top position while Tara Chawla lost a 3-2 duel with Anna Detter at No. 6. Emily Goodwin was defeated by Siobhan Knight, 3-1, at No. 8. Chloe Wynne provided the only win of the afternoon, defeating Hadley Schroll, 3-1, in the non-scoring No. 10 match.
Penn returns to action next weekend in the Howe Cup, hosted by Harvard.
Trinity 9, Penn 0
1. Vaidehi Reddy (T) def. Alisha Turner, 3-1
2. Larissa Stephenson (T) def. Paula Pearson, 3-0
3. Lauren Polonich (T) def. Radhika Ahluwalia, 3-0
4. Ashley Clackson (T) def. Caitlin Russell, 3-0
5. Maria Restrepo (T) def. Lauralynn Drury, 3-0
6. Anna Detter (T) def. Tara Chawla, 3-2
7. Fernanda Rocha (T) def. Meggie Kempner, 3-0
8. Siobhan Knight (T) def. Emily Goodwin, 3-1
9. Margot Kearney (T) def. Elizabeth Kern, 3-0
10. Chloe Wynne (P) def. Hadley Schroll, 3-1