PHILADELPHIA - The five seniors were given a proper send-off from Ringe Courts on Sunday as the Penn women's squash team defeated Dartmouth, 8-1, on senior day. Matches one thru seven were all decided in three quick games during the Quakers final match of the regular season. The Red and Blue will now head into the post-season 9-2 overall and 4-2 in the Ivy League.
It was clear who was the dominate team on the court as Penn easily handled the Big Green. Tara Chawla only surrendered two points during her match against Elizabeth Weintraub at No. 6, while Kristen Lange andAnnie Madeira gave up just three a piece at No. 1 and No. 5 respectively. Penn's bottom of the ladderhad close contents.After easily winning the first two games, Allie Friedman dropped the next two to Heather Binniebefore a fifth set battle that went in Friedman's favor. At spot eight on the ladder, Anita Sellers and Danielle Fuschetti traded games to take the match to a fifth game and it wasFuschetti who was able to take the final game to prevent the shutout for Dartmouth.
The Quakers, finished with the regular season, will look next to the Howe Cup which is set for next weekend in Cambridge, Mass. Penn is looking to take home their second Howe Cup title, the only other being during the 1999-2000 season and avenge regular season losses to both Harvard and Princeton.
Penn def.Dartmouth (8-1)
1. Kristen Lange (Penn) def. Hannah Conant (9-0,9-0,9-3)
2. Alisha Turner (Penn) def. Madeline Lurio (9-2,9-0,9-4)
3. Britt Hebden (Penn) def. Elizabeth Brown (9-3,9-4,9-5)
4. Christina Matthias (Penn) def. Maura Doherty (9-5,9-1,9-3)
5. Annie Madeira (Penn) def. Taylor Tully (9-1,9-0,9-2)
6. Tara Chawla (Penn) def. Elizabeth Weintraub (9-0,9-0,9-2)
7. Taylor Booth (Penn) def. Cecelia Cortes (9-3,9-1,9-1)
8. Danielle Fuschetti (Dartmouth) def. Anita Sellers (9-5,6-9,6-9,10-8,9-1)
9. Allie Friedman (Penn) def. Heather Binnie (9-3,9-1,7-9,0-9,9-6)