HANOVER, N.H. - In a match-up of the nation's No. 5 and No. 6 teams, the Penn women's squash team squeeked by with a 5-4 victory over Ivy League foe Dartmouth on Sunday.
The No. 5 Quakers (8-3, 3-3 Ivy League) snapped a two-game losing streak with the victory.
"This was a positive step," said Head Coach Jack Wyant. "Dartmouth had beaten us 7-2 and 6-3 last year, so it was nice to turn it around."
Penn got wins throughout the ladder to earn the victory. Alisha Turner was a 3-0 winner at No. 1, Paula Pearson won 3-1 at No. 3, Tara Chawla won 3-0 at No. 5, Lauralynn Drury was a 3-0 victor at No. 6, and Emily Goodwin won a 3-2 match at No. 8.
Penn closes out the regular season next Saturday at Trinity.
Penn 5, Dartmouth 4
1. Alisa Turner (P) def. Ashley Malenchak 3-0
2. Julia Drury (D) def. Radhika Ahluwalia, 3-0
3. Paula Pearson (P) def. Rebecca Loucks, 3-1
4. Avery Eyre (D) def. Caitlin Russell, 3-0
5. Tara Chawla (P) def. Heather Lisle, 3-0
6. Lauralynn Drury (P) def. Emilie Mackie, 3-0
7. Jessica Vyrostko (D) def. Meggie Kempner, 3-0
8. Emily Goodwin (P) def. Madeline Lurio, 3-2
9. Jessica Tory (D) def. Elizabeth Kern, 3-0