PHILADELPHIA - After being dealt its first Ivy League loss by No. 15 Harvard on Friday, the University of Pennsylvania women's tennis team defeated Dartmouth 6-1 on Saturday at Lott Courts.
Penn got the match started by winning at the Nos. 1 and 3 positions in doubles. Yulia Rivelis and Julia Koulbitskaya dominated Natalie O'Rourke and Megan Zebroski 8-1. Michelle Mitchell and Caroline Stanislawski downed Jamie Caplan and Ann Scott 8-6 to take the point.
In singles, the Red and Blue won all five matches in straight sets. Rivelis, Koulbitskaya, Mitchell, Stanislawski and Sara Schiffman all won their matches to help Penn to a comfortable 6-1 win.
The Quakers improve to 10-5 on the season and 4-1 in Ivy League play. Dartmouth drops to 4-13 overall and 0-4 in the Ancient Eight.
Penn hosts Cornell on Friday, Apr. 21 at 2 p.m.then head to Columbia on Sunday for a noon match to close out the regularseason.
No. 41 Penn 6, Dartmouth 1
1. Yulia Rivelis/Julia Koulbitskaya (P) def. Natalie O'Rourke/Megan Zebroski (D) 8-1
2. Kerry Snow/Lindsay Winingham (D) def. Raluca Ciochina/Alexis Plukas (P) 8-7 (5)
3. Michelle Mitchell/Caroline Stanislawski (P) def. Jamie Caplan/Ann Scott (D) 8-6
1. Yulia Rivelis (P) def. Megan Zebroski (D) 6-1, 6-4
2. Julia Koulbitskaya (P) def. Lindsay Winingham (D) 7-5, 6-0
3. Ann Snow (D) def. Alexis Plukas (P) 6-3, 2-6, 1-0 (7)
4. Michelle Mitchell (P) def. Jamie Caplan (D) 6-2, 6-2
5.Caroline Stanislawski(P) def. Ann Scott (D) 6-2, 6-1
6. Sara Schiffman (P) def. Katie Jaxheimer (D) 6-0, 6-2