PROVIDENCE, R.I. The University of Pennsylvania women’s tennis team improved to 3-0 in the Ivy League beating Brown 6-1 on Saturday at Pizzitola Center Courts. After winning the doubles point, Penn won five singles match.
Yulia Rivelis and Julia Koulbitskaya defeated Kelley Kirkpatrick and Ashley Pariser 8-5 at No. 1 doubles. Raluca Ciochina and Alexis Plukas upended Daisy Ames and Brett Finklestein 8-3 to help the Quakers take the point.
Rivelis fell to Ames 7-6(5), 7-5 for the Red and Blue’s only set back in singles. Koulbitskaya, Michelle Mitchell, Plukas, Caroline Stanislawski and Sara Schiffman all won their matches to help Penn secure the victory.
The Quakers improve to 8-4 overall and 3-0 in the Ancient Eight.
Penn returns home next weekend to host a pair of Ivy League opponents. On Friday the Quakers host No. 17 Harvard at 2 p.m. Penn plays at Dartmouth Saturday at noon.
No. 42 Penn 6, Brown 1
1. Julia Koulbitskaya/Yulia Rivelis (P) def. Kelley Kirkpatrick/Ashley Pariser (B) 8-5
2. Raluca Ciochina/Alexis Plukas (P) def. Daisy Ames/Brett Finkelstein (B) 8-3
3. Amanda Saiontz/Michelle Pautler (B) def. Caroline Stanislawski/Michelle Mitchell (P) 8-6
1. Daisy Ames (B) def. Yulia Rivelis (P) 7-6 (5), 7-5
2. Julia Koulbitskaya (P) def. Amanda Saiontz (B) 6-3, 6-3
3. Michelle Mitchell (P) def. Ashley Pariser (B) 6-7 (6), 6-0, 6-3
4. Alexis Plukas (P) def. Sara Mansur (B) 6-0, 6-4
5. Caroline Stanislawski (P) def. Brett Finkelstein (B) 6-2, 4-6, 1-0 (5)
6. Sara Schiffman (P) def. Michelle Pautler (B) 6-3, 6-3