CAMBRIDGE, Mass. - The Penn women's tennis had an impressive day on the the courts on Saturday as the Quakes narrowly fell to Harvard, 4-3. Lauren Sadaka and Emily Wolf continue their dominance on the court as they won their doubles match as a dou at No. 2 and picked up a win at their individual match.
The Quakers were unable to take the doubles point as Sadaka and Wolf were the only Penn tem to take the win. Despite the loss of the singles point, the Quakers had several impressive single match wins. Maria Anisimova defeated Laura Peterzan at No. 2 in two easy sets (6-4, 6-2). Sadaka also downed her opponent at No. 3, beating Samantha Rosekrans (7-5, 6-4). Wolf rounded out the singles winners, as she defeated Louise Laciny (6-4, 7-6).
The Quakers areback in action next weekend when they host Columbia.
1. Beier Ko (H) def. Ekaterina Kosminskaya (P), 6-2, 6-2
2. Maria Anisimova (P) def. Laura Peterzan (H), 6-4, 6-2
3. Lauren Sadaka (P) def. Samantha Rosekrans (H), 7-5, 6-4
4. Agnes Sibilski (H) def. Alexa Ely (P), 6-4, 6-3
5. Holly Cao (H) def. Jacqueline Wong (P), 6-1, 6-2
6. Emily Wolf (P) def. Louise Laciny (H), 6-4, 7-6 (10-6)
1. Ko/Sibilski (H) def. Kosminskya/Dabir (P), 8-3
2. Sadaka/Wolf (P) def. Rosekrans/Cao (H), 9-7 (7-3)
3. Jania/Peterzan (H) def. Ely/Wong (P), 8-2