HANOVER, N.H. The Penn women’s tennis team fell to Dartmouth, 5-2, on Friday afternoon at the Boss Tennis Center. Lauren Sadaka and Emily Wolf won there third straight doubles match as a pair.
Sadaka and Wolf defeated Jesse Adler and Carissa King by a narrow 9-7 margin, unfortunately the Big Green picked up wins at the No. 1 and No. 3 match to take the doubles point.
Sadaka maintained her momentum from her doubles win to knock off Adler again in singles. Adler picked up the first set, but Sadaka fought back to win the second two for the victory at the No. 3 match (2-6, 7-6, 1-0).
Alexa Ely was Penn's other win of the day. Ely defeated Georgiana Smyser in three sets for the win at the No. 4 position.
The Quakers are in Cambridge, Mass., on Saturday for a match against Harvard. Action is set to begin at 12:00 p.m.
Dartmouth 5, Penn 2
1. Scott-Winingham (DAR) def. Kosminskaya/Anisimova (PENN) 8-2
2. Sadaka/Wolf (PENN) def. Adler/Carissa King (DAR) 9-7
3. Julia Zak/Smyser (DAR) def. Ely/Wong (PENN) 8-6
1. Molly Scott (DAR) def. Ekaterina Kosminskaya (PENN) 6-1, 6-0
2. Mary Beth Winingham (DAR) def. Maria Anisimova (PENN) 6-3, 6-0
3. Lauren Sadaka (PENN) def. Jesse Adler (DAR) 2-6, 7-6, 1-0
4. Alexa Ely (PENN) def. Georgiana Smyser (DAR) 3-6, 6-1, 6-2
5. Ryan Reichel (DAR) def. Jacqueline Wong (PENN) 7-6, 6-1
6. Carley Markovitz (DAR) def. Emily Wolf (PENN) 6-4, 6-2