PHILADELPHIA - The University of Pennsylvania women's tennis team lost at home to Brown Saturday afternoon, 5-2.
Penn (7-7, 0-3 Ivy) has now lost its last three matches, all Ivy League contests, to No. 58 Princeton, Yale, and the Bears (8-7, 1-1 Ivy).
The Quakers match versus the Bears was back-and-forth beginning with the doubles play. Penn fell in the top two positions, 8-6, and was trailing the third match 6-5 when play was halted.
In singles matches, senior Sol Eskenazi and freshman Lina Qostal picked up points for the Quakers in the No. 1 and No. 4 positions.
Freshman Ria Vaidya playing in the fifth position pushed her match to a third set tiebreak before falling.
The Quakers' next three matches will be on the road, traveling to face Harvard and Dartmouth next Saturday and Sunday, before traveling to Cornell the following Friday.
Brown 5, Penn 2
1. Lord/Benotto (B) def. Eskenazi/Latycheva (P); 8-6
2. Camhi/Stearns (B) def. Daniel/Vaidya (P); 8-6
3. Uberoi/Mandalap (B) vs. Vazhenina/Qostal (P); 5-6, DNF
1. Eskenazi (P) def. Lord (B); 6-1, 6-1
2. Benotto (B) def. Latycheva (P); 7-6(3), 6-4
3. Camhi (B) def. Daniel (P); 6-0, 3-6, 6-4
4. Qostal (P) def. Uberoi (B); 6-1, 6-2
5. Stearns (B) def. Vaidya (P); 3-6, 6-4, 4-4(7-1)
6. Mandalap (B) def. Vazhenina (P); 6-2, 6-1