College Park, Md. - The Penn women's tennis team fell to 2-3 on the season as they were defeated by Maryland 7-0 Saturday afternoon in College Park, Md. The match marked the Terps first win of the season, as they improved to 1-3.
The Quakers will travel farther south tomorrow, facing VCU at 11 a.m. in Richmond, Va.
1. Lisa Miller/Maggie MacKeever (MD) def. Emily Wolf/Alexa Ely (PENN) 8-3
2. Jordan Hansbrough/Lexi Brand (MD) def. Jacqueline Wong/Jules Rodin (PENN) 8-3
3. Julia Huschke/Burce Kurkan (MD) def. Daniela DePaoli/Emma Whitfield (PENN) 8-2
1. Lisa Miller (MD) def. Alexa Ely (PENN) 6-4, 6-2
2. Maggie MacKeever (MD) def. Emily Wolf (PENN) 6-3, 2-6, 6-0
3. Julia Huschke (MD) def. Jules Rodin (PENN) 6-2, 6-0
4. Lexi Brand (MD) def. Daniela DePaoli (PENN) 7-5, 6-2
5. Jordan Hansbrough (MD) def. Jacqueline Wong (PENN) 6-0, 6-3
6. Burce Kurkan (MD) def. Emma Whitfield (PENN) 6-4, 6-4