PHILADELPHIA - Playing its first match of the spring on Lott Courts and its last non-conference contest of the season, the Penn women's tennis team fell to Boston University, 6-1, Saturday afternoon under perfect blue skies and sunshine. The Quakers now hold a 4-8 record, while BU improved to 7-7.
The Terriers clinched the doubles pointwith wins in the one and two spots, but the duo of junior Rose Schlecker and freshman Emma WhitfieldoutlastedBUin No. 3 doubles toearn a 9-8 personal victory.
In singles play, senior Jacqueline Wong earned Penn's sole win, playing at the No. 4 position. Wong topped Petra Santini in three sets, by scores of 4-6, 6-2, 10-7.
The Quakers are back in action next Saturday when they open the Ivy League season with a roadtrip to Princeton. The match set to start at noon.
1. Nunic/Laszloffy (BU) def. Ely/Wong (PENN) - 8-2
2. Whu/Mical (BU) def. Rodin/Wolf (PENN) - 9-7
3. Schlecker/Whitfield (PENN) def. Linero/Santini (BU) - 9-8 (4)
1. Stefanie Nunic (BU) def. Alexa Ely (PENN) - 6-2, 6-2
2. Francine Whu (BU) def. Emily Wolf (PENN) - 6-3, 7-5
3. Vivien Laszloffy (BU) def. Jules Rodin (PENN) - 6-0, 6-0
4. Jacqueline Wong (PENN) def. Petra Santini (BU) - 4-6, 6-2, 10-7
5. Monika Mical (BU) def. Emma Whitfield (PENN) - 6-0, 7-5
6. Jessi Linero (BU) def. Rose Schlecker (PENN) - 6-0, 6-0