PHILADELPHIA The women’s tennis team continued to roll through the Ivy League today, as they won their fifth straight Ivy match, beating Dartmouth, 7-0.
Penn only dropped one match, as Julia Koulbitskaya and Yulia Rivelis lost at No. 2 doubles spot, 8-7, to Lindsay Wilningham and Jesse Adler. But wins at Nos. 1 and 3 clinched the doubles point for the Quakers. Freshman Ekaterina Kosminskaya and sophomore Lenka Snajdrova won at the No. 1 spot, beating Megan Zebroski and Natalie O’Rourke, 8-2, while Amanda Avedissian and Charlotte Tansill won 8-2 over Maggie Suydam and Kerry Snow in the No. 3 spot.
The Quakers swept the singles points, winning at all six spots in straight sets. Junior Yulia Rivelis had the first singles win for Penn, as she beat Snow 6-1, 6-1 in the No. 2 spot. Next to finish was freshman Ekaterina Kosminskaya, who beat Megan Zebroski 6-1, 6-3, at No. 1. Charlotte Tansill clinched the win for the Quakers, when she won at No. 5, beating Jamie Caplan, 6-4, 6-1. Junior Julia Koulbitskaya made it 5-0, when she beat Jesse Adler, 6-3, 6-4 at No. 3. Lenka Snajdrova won at No. 4, beating Lindsay Wilningham, 6-2, 6-2, and Lauren Sadaka had the seventh win of the day, as she beat Carley Markovitz, 6-3, 7-5 at No. 6.
With the win, the Quakers improved to 12-4 overall, and 5-0 in the Ivy League. Up next, Penn will travel to Cornell on Friday, for a 2 p.m. match-up, before hosting Columbia Saturday at noon.
No. 51 Penn 7, Dartmouth 0
1) Ekaterina Kosminskaya/Lenka Snajdrova (P) def. Megan Zebroski/Natalie O’Rourke (D), 8-2
2) Lindsay Winingham/Jesse Adler (D) def. Julia Koulbitskaya/Yulia Rivelis (P), 8-7
3) Amanda Avedissian/Charlotte Tansill (P) def. Maggie Suydam/Kerry Snow (D), 8-2
Order of Finish: 1, 3, 2
1) No. 112 Ekaterina Kosminskaya (P) def. Megan Zebroski (D), 6-1, 6-3
2) Yulia Rivelis (P) def. Kerry Snow (D), 6-1, 6-1
3) Julia Koulbitskaya (P) def. Jesse Adler (D), 6-3, 6-4
4) Lenka Snajdrova (P) def. Lindsay Wilningham (D), 6-2, 6-2
5) Charlotte Tansill (P) def. Jamie Caplan (D), 6-4, 6-1
6) Lauren Sadaka (P) def. Carley Markovitz (D), 6-3, 7-5
Order of Finish: 2, 1, 5, 3*, 4, 6