PHILADELPHIA - In women's tennis action today, the Quakers improved to 3-0 in Ivy League play, as they swept the Bears, 7-0. Wins in all three doubles spots, followed by six singles wins put Penn over the top in the dominating win.
At No. 2 doubles, Ekaterina Kosminskaya and Julia Koulbitskaya had an easy win, beating Kelley Kirkpatrick and Emily Ellis, 8-1. Amanda Avedissian and Charlotte Tansill had another easy win in the No. 3 spot to clinch the point, beating Brett Finkelstein and Kathrin Sorokko, 8-1. Lenka Snajdrova and Yulia Rivelis had a harder time in the No. 1 spot, but still pulled through with an 8-6 win over Michelle Pautler and Sara Mansur.
It was a full sweep for the Quakers, as they won all six singles spots in straight sets. Kosminskaya defeated Pautler, 6-1, 6-3 in the No. 1 spot, while Koulbitskaya beat Daisy Ames, 6-2, 6-2 in the No. 2 spot. Rivelis beat Mansur, 7-6, 6-1 in the No. 3 spot, and Snajdrova had a win in the No. 4 spot, beating Finkelstein, 6-1, 6-4. Tansill made it 6-0 in the No. 5 spot, as she beat Ellis, 6-0, 6-2, and sophomore Lauren Sadaka made it a sweep, as she beat Sorokko in the No. 6 spot, 6-3, 6-0.
With the win, Penn improved to 13-4 overall, and 3-0 in the Ivy League. Up next, the Quakers will travel to Cambridge to take on the defending Ivy League champions, Harvard, Friday at 2 p.m.
Penn 7, Brown 0
1) Lenka Snajdrova/Yulia Rivelis (P) def. Michelle Pautler/Sara Mansur (B), 8-6
2) Ekaterina Kosminskaya/Julia Koulbitskaya (P) def. Kelley Kirkpatrick/Emily Ellis (B), 8-1
3) Amanda Avedissian/Charlotte Tansill (P) def. Brett Finkelstein/Kathrin Sorokko (B), 8-1
1) Ekaterina Kosminskaya (P) def. Michelle Pautler (B), 6-1, 6-3
2) Julia Koulbitskaya (P) def. Daisy Ames (B), 6-2, 6-2
3) Yulia Rivelis (P) def. Sara Mansur (B), 7-6, 6-1
4) Lenka Snajdrova (P) def. Brett Finkelstein (B), 6-1, 6-4
5) Charlotte Tansill (P) def. Emily Ellis (B), 6-0, 6-2
6) Lauren Sadaka (P) def. Kathrin Sorokko (B), 6-3, 6-0